Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 28: still grateful

I guess I should be grateful I'm not being graded on this. :)  I've actually been working on a class assignment for the cataloging course I'm taking this semester.  I've taken one other cataloging class years ago.  Yeah.  Still not a fan (although it does make more sense the second time around but not enough that I want to go any further).

So between that and the holiday, I missed a week of gratitude.  Things I've been grateful for over the holiday (much more than one thing a day): getting to see lots of family that we don't see nearly often enough, not much traffic on the Interstate going or coming, that Henry has learned to do the "toot your horn" sign when we pass trucks (even if none ever do) <---well maybe more amused by that than thankful, a very big, very precocious niece who explains that she is no little any longer like Benjamin and Henry when I said something about the littles doing something, a nephew who wants to play Rock, Paper, Scissors while we wait for dinner (and was so excited that he "taught" Henry how to play as well), that same niece and nephew who still think it's cool to go down the stairs at our house on their bottoms like Uncle Paul taught them to do, that it was only windy and cold and terrible outside one day of our visit (and not on a day we were driving), getting to go but getting to come home.

Today, I'm very thankful for a husband who is patient even when I'm pretty grouchy and mean and he's the target of it.  No reason for that behavior today but he was pretty nice about it when I was.

No comments: