I guess it is an odd thing to be thankful for--and there are some days that I'm not happy to have it around--but what a different world we live it because of technology. Won't it be crazy to explain to Henry how we were in college before we had email addresses? And in our 20s before we had cell phones? That at one point in time phones were attached to the wall and we had to walk to change the TV channel?
To be able to sent a quick text to Paul to explain some little something is just so easy. Random phone calls to ask silly pointless questions? Love having that ability. I so appreciate being able to keep up with my family and friends via email or Facebook. I love seeing their children growing up and hearing about little things that they do day-to-day. We are all so busy with life and work and living that we don't get a chance to call and chat or write letters. I try to be good about sending a quick card from time to time but even that has fallen off much more than it should. But to be able to send a note right then that hey, I'm thinking of you--that's wonderful.
And yes, sometimes it does become a hassle and it would be nice to have dinner without Paul's phone ringing. But with the good always comes the bad and we usually have the balance between the two. So, technology. Woot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment