Saturday, November 12, 2011

day 12: grandparents

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I'm so thankful for my grandfathers and their fighting in WWII.  I am *so* blessed at 37 to have both sets of biological grandparents and my step-grandfather still alive.  Part of that is good genes, part of that is a factor of having children young, all of it makes me and my child! very lucky.  Even Paul's grandparents were with us until just a couple of years ago and we were both surprised when his last grandfather died a month before Henry was born.  In denial about the state of Owen's health, we were already planning a trip to KS with a tiny tiny baby.

I don't call or write often enough and I definitely don't visit enough but I hope my grandparents all realize how amazingly loved they are and how often they are in my thoughts.  I try to tell them every time I do remember to call or see them.

No comments: