Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: our jobs

I am fortunate to have a job that I truly love.  I get frustrated at times by it but that is simply a normal part of being employed.  I'm definitely happy with the place I'm working--I have coworkers I really enjoy, a few I could do without of course, and a positive work environment.  Paul struggles more with his work environment--it's tough to keep a company afloat by yourself and I think he often feels that way.  It keeps him away from us too much at times but it affords us with lots of opportunities and "stuff" that we couldn't have otherwise.  A trade-off, for sure.  I'd love to be able to have him around more at times but we're making it work.  The hours for both of us are a little crazy but it actually works well with Henry for parent/tot time--Paul has him to himself in the mornings after I've gone in and then I've got Henry for a couple of hours in the afternoon before Paul gets home for dinner.

No comments: