Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1: Thankful for Henry

I'll sneak back into the world of blogging to list my 30 days of gratitude for November and hopefully get back into the habit of posting over here.  So much has happened in the year since I last wrote anything.  I keep intending to write down all the wonderful/amazing/funny/fabulous/unbelievable/etc. things he does every day.  This morning, Paul and I were chatting on the phone after I'd gone to work and he made a comment that maybe it was a just a parent thing but he was so amazed with what Henry had done this morning while playing.  He was getting all his Little People and lining them up very precisely on the shelf by the stairs.  Admittedly, not that amazing, but still!  In a nice neat line.  And getting more of them to line up!  This evening, he took the all down and put them in the bus to put them away.  We find ourself in awe of what he does and learns every day.

So today (and every day), I am thankful Paul and I have been given the chance to guide this amazing little creature through his life and help him discover all the little bits about the world while he's teaching us so much more.

No comments: