Yesterday's attempt to post was thwarted by a sick baby and then a meeting in the evening where I stayed and chatted for way too long afterwards. I'm thankful for the opportunity to do that as well as the opportunity I was given in which I met the people. It was a bit fortuitous--I was a provisional with Junior League when I met the directors of the organization Once Upon a Theatre. I'd seen the flyers at school but wasn't able to afford a production of the show as a teacher. As the librarian, I was able to do fundraising through book fairs, etc. and brought them to the school for all the students. In the meantime, I became friends with them. When I moved up to the high school, I was contacted by the director about joining their board. I happily did so because it is a great organization that has a really great focus--bringing live theater to school children. Last spring, I had the opportunity to once again combine my involvement with the two groups when JLA was awarding grant money to other nonprofits. OUT was one of the recipients of the money to provide a show for a low-income school in town. Love being able to help out both groups.
And today, I'm thankful for our health. Aside from some general aches and pains and sniffles and what-have-you, we are lucky to enjoy generally good health. There have been no hospital stays, few doctor visits, and just a general state of wellbeing around these parts. Of course, I write this on a day in which Henry stayed home from school with a fever of 101+ but it is thankfully just a bad cold and nothing a little extra cuddling and some medicine can't help. We truly are fortunate (not just us but our entire family which thankfully, also enjoys overall good health).
recent pins – my overambitious craft life
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment