Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Day 16: my stuff
I'm sure there are those who would argue it is wrong to be thankful for material things but I'm not really thinking conspicuous consumption type stuff. I'm thinking of my house, my car, my clothes, all the things around the house that make it a home. I look around my little house and while there is always something I'd like to change, I really do like this house. I've liked it since we first wandered into the model home almost 12 years ago. It is little (cozy in realtor vernacular) but it is ours. Our cars aren't new or fancy but they are reliable and they are ours. I might get tired of my clothes when I'm trying to figure out what to wear but how fortunate I am to have so many to choose from! How fortunate we are to have four walls and heat and A/C and electricity! We've got comfy furniture and plenty of toys for Henry to play and for us to trip over. We work hard to have the things we have and we try not to be frivolous with our purchases, and I'm thankful for all of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment