Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 19: Grace

Henry has a CD of Bible songs and This Little Light of Mine includes a chorus that I wasn't familiar with but just love:

On Monday He gave me the gift of love,
Tuesday peace came from above,
On Wednesday He told me to have more faith
Thursday He gave me a little more grace
On Friday He told me to watch and pray,
On Saturday He told me what to say
On Sunday He gave me the power divine,
to let my little light shine.


It makes me stop and think whenever I'm having a day like today.  Henry was tough.  He's still not 100% although so much better, hasn't slept well in several days (so we haven't either), and was just being a pill.  He was busting out every toddler move there is--saying no or mine in response to everything, doing the limp protester move when we'd try to pick him up if he didn't want up, crying if we didn't pick him up when he wanted up, and on and on.  We get so spoiled because he is such a good-natured kid and has been since birth that a bad day makes it hard on everyone.  So today, I'm thankful for grace.  Grace I receive when I'm not at my finest--when I am unloveable yet loved--because remembering that reminds me to extend the same grace to others.

1 comment:

IdaR said...

I had never heard that verse of This Little Light of Mine, but I love it! I also love your post. :)