I was looking for something else on YouTube to post tonight to celebrate the end of NaBloPoMo when I came across this:
These random things are why YouTube is so much fun. I think my childhood flashed before my eyes while watching this video--and it is long enough that I could get pretty much from birth to age 10 when I first saw this video. I'd forgotten how bad this song is and how uncoordinated most of those men were/are. Seriously, watch #4. Was he the kicker? Whatever position he played, thank goodness rhythm was not involved. I do enjoy the cheese-tastic graphics and fake instrument playing. That is totally awesome '80s right there. Back in the day, I probably knew 90% of the words (not using the term lyrics because that would assume that this was actually lyrical). Thankfully (and surprisingly), it is no longer taking up much-needed space in my brain.
And I actually was looking for Celebration by Kool & the Gang which is, like, one of my favorite songs EVER and I thought would be an apropos ending to the month. I tried to convince Paul to use it as our wedding recessional song. He completely balked at the suggestion. Later, too late for our recessional, he mentioned we should have used Mancini's Baby Elephant Walk. I so wish he'd mentioned it even on October 1 because I absolutely would have gone for it.
No baby elephants in this video on YouTube. Enjoy:
And thus completes one month (plus one extra) of posting. It wasn't as difficult as I'd thought it would be although I'll be the first to admit that some of my posts are pretty lame. I doubt I stick with the daily posting schedule but it's nice to know that I could do it. But tomorrow, I'm taking a day off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ok, this was the 11th think that made me smile today. Good job. :)
Congratulations! You made it!!
BTW, agree with you that I'm not loving Katie's hair, which is why I was a bit frightened when I looked in the mirror and saw it on my head! :)
Congrats! I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy reading your blog! It's nice to have met some new people this month.
Post a Comment