Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 19: Work

Here I was worried about having nothing to write about today. I was mentally going through a list of recipes I could possibly post.

Then, middle school happened. Two things that happened today at work that are fairly indicative of what I deal with daily. Good times, I promise.

I had to run to the post office and stop by an ATM today so I took the 15 minutes between the lunch periods to do so. I returned to school after the 2nd lunch had started and walked into the foyer to find about a dozen children waiting, all but two of these being funky smelling boys. F-U-N-K-Y, funky. And the two funky-smelling boys leaning against the door didn't seem to grasp the idea that they had to move in order for me to actually open the door. They eventually grasped the concept of moving and we proceeded into the library in an orderly manner.

As everyone walked in, another funky-smelling boy announced, "I need some personal space because I have got to pass some gas."

Holy cow.

I sent him away, sprayed the foyer with Lysol, and continued along with my B-lunch groupies.

Then came 5th period when one of the snottier 6th grade girls commented on my new hair color, "I don't know why they're called redheads. It's more like orange heads."

In with the good, out with the bad, don't speak or what comes out will likely cause you to lose your license.

It's a very good thing we're only in school two days this week.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

And that is why I didn't teach in the middle school. :)

Donna said...

she's just jealous that she's not a cool redhead! The one that always gets me is carrot top. Carrot tops are green!!