Each of the language arts classes will visit the book fair as a class on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. I've got parent volunteers coming in to help throughout the week to help during lunches and student volunteers who help out during the class periods making certain nothing walks out and keeping things neat and tidy. The student volunteers get a lanyard to wear during their shift--it's as if that little plastic nametag with "Volunteer" gives them some type of power rush. It's amusing to see how serious some of the students are about catching possible shoplifters. But throughout the past 5 years that I've run the fair, we have caught a couple of students trying to take something. But as much fun as it is, I'll definitely be glad when next Friday rolls around and I get to pack it all back up. I'll be even happier on Monday when it's picked up and everything is back to normal.
It was downright cold outside today--I think I saw the high was right around 40, which isn't really that cold except it was a wet cold. It was overcast and the sky was spitting most of the day. Thankfully my heater was fixed yesterday around noon. The repairmen said it just hadn't been turned on but I know (and the custodian conferred) that it was on earlier. Someone probably got on the roof and turned it off--we've had random mischief like that before. I'm just glad it was an easy fix and that my little library is toasty warm now.
Today's random picture is from the record snow we had over New Year's. Paul and I took a walk to start the year off right. I don't know what he was doing. Surveying the scene, I guess. I never know what goes through his head.
No comments:
Post a Comment