Monday, November 26, 2007

Day 26: More Random Things

The picture of the cat is totally unrelated to anything I might post about today. It's a picture from one of the holiday parties we hosted last year. I wanted to post a picture and I haven't gone through the pictures from Thanksgiving yet.

Last week before we left for break, I told the secretary that my heater didn't seem to be working. We had a very slim hope that it would be fixed Wednesday, especially since there were the predictions for cold and snow. The former didn't happen but the latter definitely did.

Today, it was about 5o degrees in my library all day. I told the secretary that I was going to stay in the office until I got in trouble for loitering. I spent most of the day doing work in the library for an hour or so and going into the main office to warm up. The principal came into the library during 3rd period to make copies in the workroom. When I'd mentioned during 1st that the library was cold, she thought I meant it was cold because I'd turned down the heater over the break not "Holy cow, it's freezing in here! Why is there no heat?" cold. She put in a service call directly rather than the remake the request via computer. It didn't make any service people miraculously appear but it made us both feel a little better. Not any warmer but at least she understood the reason I was just hanging out.

That's about the extent of my day and brain power today. I should have gone to the gym but I didn't. I do need to go to the grocery store because there's no food in the house aside from a vast assortment of crackers. Paul and I are both snackers and crackers fill the bill. We're cracker snackers. HA! There are honestly seven types of crackers in our pantry although none of those are saltines. Strange.

And finally, our new heater at home works fabulously (which is great since I was frozen by the time I got home). It's very quiet as well. Two thumbs up for that home investment.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Hope you are warmer tomorrow. Mrs. Finch actually ran the heater at school today so her room was warmer than it usually is.(and that's a good thing) Robert and I actually turned our heater on yesterday. It is now set on 70o. Last night was 38 and tonight is supposed to be about the same. Chilly for here on the coast.