Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 22: Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for my husband and his bad jokes, funny faces, and inability to take a normal picture.

I'm thankful for my job, even when the coworkers are irritating, the students are weird, and the "stuff" is utterly nonsensical.

I'm thankful for my family who are all here, listening to football on a television turned up too loud.

I'm thankful for the friendly clerks and cheery patrons at the grocery store when we ran in for a few needed items this morning.

I'm thankful for "Dance with me, Aunt Carrie!" and all the little people we have in our lives who think we're pretty cool.

I'm thankful for the year we ditched Thanksgiving in favor of a Duran Duran concert and cereal and long naps in our pajamas.

I'm thankful for my health and that everyone in the family seems to be doing well right now also. Even Paul's grandparents seem to have stabilized and are doing as well as can be hoped for.

I'm thankful for my little house which I always wish was a little bigger but it's sturdy and strong and perfect for Paul and me.

I'm thankful for neighbors I can call to watch the cat at the last minute.

I'm thankful that things are going well for Paul and me again. It wasn't much fun last year.

I'm thankful for dance lessons and all the laughter that accompanies them.

I'm thankful for friends who call me to go out to dinner when Paul is out of town.

I'm thankful someone else is making the gravy this year.

I'm thankful for the patient remodeling consultant who's let me look tile samples for two months while I try to find the perfect ones for my back splash.

I'm thankful for Jojo or Jubjub or whatever his name actually is.

I'm thankful for the six people who read this blog and comment on the silly little things I post. It makes me feel like the mundane of my life is actually interesting.

I'm thankful for Today.

2 comments:

The Byrd said...

What a wonderful post. Isn't it great to have things to be thankful for!!!

Loni said...

Happy Thanksgiving!