1. I spent the better part of the afternoon addressing envelopes for our Christmas cards with the intention of getting them in the mail when we get home from Thanksgiving in Texas. We opted to go with photo cards this year--our smiling faces will greet everyone opening the envelope this year. And there will be a lot of them. We could order 50, which isn't quite enough or 100, which means everyone and their dog will be getting them with plenty left over for the mailman, the trainer, the hairdresser, a coworker or two.
2. Texas Tech beat Oklahoma yesterday evening. Woohoo! Always nice to end the season with a win, especially when the other team is highly ranked and has annoyingly conceited fans like OU does. I will be wearing one of my Tech shirts to school tomorrow and making certain to chat with my coworker who is an OU alum who always asks me if I went to Texas (nevermind the two Tech things on my car, my Tech purse, my Tech t-shirts, my trips to Lubbock for Tech football games). This is the same coworker, who after 8 years of working together, still does not spell my name correctly. She's irritating like that. I'll have to ask if she went to OSU.
2a. And Donna, never never never text the final score of a game to someone unless specifially requested. :) We had DVRed the game and were just to the 4th quarter when I read your texts. I was trying to respond to the first when I got the second. Paul laughed because I was still worried both times OU scored.
3. Paul's mom and her siblings have moved his grandparents into an assisted living apartment. His grandmother was still in the hospital at the end of the week as the doctors regulate her medication. I really hope the weather holds over Christmas break so we can make a trip to Kansas. I'm not sure how many more chances we will have.
4. For some reason, I'm really excited about Christmas this year. I'm almost done with shopping--I only need to find something for Benjamin, Paul's dad, and a few more things for Paul. We plan on having our annual neighborhood party again this year and are thinking about hosting a holiday open house for our friends and coworkers. I've debated putting up the tree before we leave for Texas but Paul said that might be overkill. We do get home mid-morning on Sunday so I'll have plenty of time then.
5. It's harder than I expected to come up with something to write about every day. Twelve more days and I'm not sure I can muster posts about what's for lunch. Soon, I'll be reduced to writing the Ode to the Pudding Cup.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oops... I'm sorry, I was just so excited. I won't do it again, I promise!
Yes, it was an awesome game! I'll join you in wearing one of my Tech shirts and annoying one of my friends who also is an OU fan (though he never went to school there).
Post a Comment