Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So, I think I'll just put off all those errands I was going to run until tomorrow

It started snowing mid-morning. The various meteorologists/weather reports I saw said we would have "up to an inch" accumulation. That was about six inches ago. It's a wet heavy snow--unusual for ABQ but perfect for making snowmen. Most of the time, we just get powdery stuff that doesn't account for much.

Thankfully, we're out of school for Winter Break so I didn't have to get out in the snow. Paul went to work for just a bit in the afternoon--it took him almost an hour to get home because of wrecks and/or stupid drivers. Even with my Subaru, I know the best tip for driving in snow is to just avoid it if at all possible (and if not possible, make Paul do it for me).


It's such a novelty to actually have enough snow to need to shovel the driveway and sidewalks. Since I couldn't get to the gym, I figure this would count for something--maybe cancel out that cookie (or two) I had with lunch.
The tree in our front yard. I had a big festive red bow on the front gate but it blew off with the rotten gusty wind we had last night and this morning.

Our little house covered in snow. The wind stopped blowing before the snow started so looks right purty across the neighborhood.

Welcome! The planter by the front door

Bench, bear, and mums by the front door

Apache plume in the back yard

The lawn furniture in the back yard.

Red yucca in the backyard
The back yard
The little open space/park beside the mailbox (and my footprints in the snow to the mailbox.) On any other day, the south peak of the Sandias would be visible in this shot.
White Christmas--our across-the-street neighbor's wreath

No comments: