Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Or maybe those errands can wait until Thursday

We had another five inches or so of snow overnight. I'd say we have between 8 and 10 inches of snow. Crazy--I've never seen this much snow in ABQ before. I really need a sled. Growing up in the TX Panhandle, it was too flat to go sledding (if you don't count the car hood tied to the back of a pickup with a ski rope sledding that we did in high school--I was never actually stupid/brave enough to do more than ride in the truck). Paul thinks I'd hurt myself if I had a sled. I'm really not as clumsy as he thinks, and I've never *seriously* injured myself. It all goes back to the not very brave or very stupid aspects of my personality. We've got a great hill beside our house and at the park behind the house. And heck, there's a great big mountain just to the east of us. All perfect locations for sledding.

My friend Devlyn thankfully made back-up arrangements for a friend of her mother to take care of Sparky if this storm truly did happen. While I probably could make it across town to feed the pup, I'm glad we don't have to get out today and brave the elements (and other, less cautious drivers). We've got "provisions"--chocolate, cheese, bread, Cokes--all the necessities for survival in our lives. The cat is going between snoozing on the bed to snoozing on the blanket on the sofa, happy to snuggle down and let us use him as a personal heater. I've made a loaf of banana bread and have a couple of books to read. Paul's able to work from home today. All in all, the makings for a very good day.
The view out the garage door this morning. I'm glad we decided to shovel the driveway yesterday afternoon so we only had four inches to shovel this morning rather than eight.
Yep, I'd shoveled that yesterday as well. The biggest mounds are the creeping rosemary and grasses we have along the front walk.
Looking north in the neighborhood--normally the base of Sandia Peak is visible
The Apache plume and lawn chairs this morning.
The bench and bear this morning
Paul mans the shovel for a while, clearing the front walk

No comments: