Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Home again, home again

Paul and I arrived home early yesterday afternoon. We met his parents for dinner and more gifts last night. This morning, we met friends for breakfast and more gifts. I think we're done with the eating and the gifting. All in all, we had a really nice visit with everyone. My brothers and their families are good and I managed to escape with only a few snide remarks by my oldest brother. Grandparents seem well, parents are good, sisters are good, children are as adorable as always. There are, of course, tons of pictures from the weekend to download.

It doesn't look like we'll make it to Kansas. Paul is feeling pressure about an upcoming work project and doesn't feel that he can take five days off, even though we'd really like to see his grandparents. If we don't go, I've got several projects to do around the house, in addition to putting away the Christmas decorations. I don't know if I'll actually do those projects but there are things I could be doing even if I only decide to sit.

In the meantime, there are the mountains of laundry to contend with (I'm never sure how we make so much especially since we were only gone for a few days) and I desperately need to get to the grocery store. I guess the holiday is truly over and it's back to the comfortably mundane routine that we know and love so well.

1 comment:

telfair said...

I always think that's one of the nicest things about the holiday -- coming home to one's own space and getting one's house in order, literally & figuratively.

I might just be one of those strange people who like doing laundry, though...