After church, I spent several hours doing some holiday shopping. I rarely step foot into a store during the holiday season. I utterly dislike crowds and will try to avoid shopping during non-holiday madness because of the people. The crowds and craziness that come with all those extra Christmas shoppers is enough to make me want to collapse into a fetal position. But, it was unavoidable. We're hosting two different holiday parties this year. I needed to get paper goods and some other things for the parties. Just those two hours I spent in three different stores was just about enough to send me over the edge. Even though most of the other shoppers were still cheery and friendly, between maneuveering a cart through overly-crowded aisles and the masses of humanity, I left the last store with a splitting headache and not everything that I need. Hopefully I'll have some free time during the week to pick up those items before the first party on Friday although I'm tempted to just send Paul (who dislikes the crowds and shopping even more than I do but I can generally get one trip to the store out of him because he loves me).
People are always surprised to learn that I'm not much of a shopper (aside from those all-too-frequent trips to Target). There are times when I enjoy it--when I'm with a good shopping companion or just really in the mood. But normally, it's just a painful process because nothing ever fits me correctly or I can't find what I'm looking for at the store. I typically give up on the task at hand and end up buying a new pair of shoes. So most of the time, I stick to online shopping--I'm utterly addicted to the package tracking--and it makes for a much happier Carrie.
The upside of the season for Jub--lots of paper and boxes from all the gifts ordered online:

No comments:
Post a Comment