Thursday, November 6, 2008

Day 6: Eh.

I have another much longer post I've written but I'm not sure it's what I want to post today. It might not be what I want to post tomorrow. It might be one of those things that never gets posted. That does happen from time to time, you know.

I like to think that last year, there was a little bit of organization to my NaBloPoMo postings in November. Probably not but a girl can dream. This year, it's more of a challenge because I'm not fully vested in the month of posting--it's just the determination to get it done that means I'm going to do it. I know I've not put nearly as much thought into it as I did last year when I had topics planned out and posts written in advance. Honestly, this year, it was as if I thought," Oh, yeah. Write for 30 days in a row." on Nov. 1 when we were in Seattle and it seemed like the thing to do. Perhaps it was the weather that got to me. I don't know. But I have a feeling there is going to be more "Yep, nothing to write about today" posts this year along with what I had for lunch (bowl of minestrone soup, crackers, cheese) and maybe a few recipes thrown in. If the weather continues as it is today, there will also be more complaints about how cold I am. Just for the record, I am cold. I dislike winter and weather below 65. Also anything above about 85. I need to move someplace where the temperatures stays between those two with mostly sunny days and the occasional rainy day thrown in to keep it interesting. If little birds and mice could also help me get dressed every morning, it would be greatly appreciated. Actually, if the birds and mice wouldn't mind cleaning up after the cat who has decided he likes to throw up between 4:00 and 5:30 a.m. two to three days a week then I could get dressed without having to worry about where the hairball is and if I'm going to step in it, as I did yesterday, that would be even better.

In the meantime, here is a picture Donna sent me of the Babe's Fried Chicken sign while I was standing right beside her and we were trying to figure out why I wasn't receiving texts from Paul. Because this picture was going to solve that question.
I never did get the texts from Paul and the picture finally arrived about 10 hours after it was sent. Maybe my New Mexico phone wasn't compatible with Texas cell phone signals.

5 comments:

Patsy said...

You mean there should be organization and purpose to writing everyday in the months of November. I thought I would just continue in my usual humdrum meme way of getting the word of nothingness out there. Where ever there is.

Donna said...

MMMMMM.... Babes. Best.chicken.ever.

Moms' Group said...

Too funny! I was about to post "mmmmm...Babe's." But then I saw Donna's comment. She beat me to it.

JoGrandmama said...

Just popped in to say Hi. I'm new to this blogging thing. I've posted 2 so far, woo hoo. I doubt if I'll post daily though.

Ida said...

Gee, this is almost a family reunion right here in the comment section of Carrie's blog!