Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 27: Thankfully tired

It's been a very long day.  A very good day but darn, you have to get up early if you're cooking the turkey.  I'd hoped to have everything ready to go for a 1:00 mealtime and I think we ate about 1:30.  I think that's pretty good since this is the first time I've been responsible for Thanksgiving and only the second time I've good the big holiday meal.

I have so much to be thankful for in my life.  Even when I am complaining, my complaints are so trivial compared to what I could be facing.  I have more than enough to eat every day.  I have a wonderful place to call home.  I have a job that is fairly secure in these insecure times. I have a fabulous husband who has been with me through thick and thin for 13 years.  I am definitely blessed with good health, many friends, a supportive family, and good fortune.

3 comments:

Ida said...

Happy Thanksgiving. You are one of my family that I am thankful for. We love you and Paul!
N'ida and Uncle Joe.

Donna said...

I wish I could have been there for all the fun.

Patsy said...

I love you daughter. Thanks for the great time.