Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 17: Because really, I kind of like the guy

Paul is having a rough patch at work still. He worked all day Saturday and Sunday, taking a break to have lunch with me and some friends after church. But even then, we just went to the restaurant across the street from his office so he wouldn't have to take too much time away from work. I just hate when he looks as frazzled and sad and frustrated by work. He says it is all worth it--but I have to wonder what it's doing to his health.

This afternoon when we were talking, he said he was just ready for a vacation when he could sit and look at fish. He didn't care if it was at an aquarium, in someone's house, or at the beach--he is just ready for vacation. He commented that he's already finished his part of the project as well as some of the stuff that was supposed to be finished by two others. Unfortunately for Paul this happens more often than it should. One of the coworkers has received a written warning for failing to complete the projects by deadline. My suggestion was to go from the point of the economy--you can't expect to find another job right away, we can't afford to keep you if you don't pull your weight and we won't be able to keep you because we'll lose contracts. No, it might not be the job these people want right now and maybe they should cut ties but it seems to me that for a bit, you just hang tight and do a good job even if you aren't 100% happy. It's what I'm trying to do.

I need to go do dishes. But before, I was looking through the pictures on this computer. Here are a few random ones from vacations or outtings we've taken when Paul has been able to get away that I don't think I've ever shared.






3 comments:

Patsy said...

Poor baby. July can't come soon enough for him.

See you soon.

Donna said...

Poor Paul.

telfair said...

Great pics...

I think your economy suggestion was right on. Lord knows it's scaring me silly these days.

Hope things smooth out for Paul, I will be keeping my fingers crossed for him (& you too, I know it is also incredibly taxing and stressful to watch someone you love be stressed.)