Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day 16: Words

In a lack of anything else to write about today, I present a list of words I find interesting, entertaining, or that make me giggle.

aghast

waft

asinine

circumvent

elocution

conundrum

penal

palindrome

gesticulate

crotchety

curmudgeon

pilfer

asylum

percussion

anthropology

forum

obligatory

embedded

innuendo

savory

masquerade

unkempt

easement

sconce

humorous

demarcation

retribution

patina

textile

illicit

Yep. I need to find something more productive to do with my time.

5 comments:

Patsy said...

I think I know what all of them mean too. That's a plus in my world. I love penal and asinine. Kids think you have said something dirty with both of them. :)

Donna said...

Great list! I giggled through it! So are you going to do a list of words that sound like good names next?

Liz said...

Funny...

Ida said...

I know what they all mean, too. I can understand Patsy's students with asinine and penal, but don't find the rest particularly funny. But it may be my "OMG, I'm tired!" mood right now.

Carrie said...

I never said the words were all funny--just ones I find entertaining to say.