Monday, September 29, 2008

This morning

The scene: 7:05 a.m., Paul and Carrie's bedroom, both Paul and Carrie are snuggled down in their very comfy bed

Paul (poking Carrie to wake her up): Hey. Are you supposed to be up?

Carrie (squinting at clock): Is it really 7:00?

Paul: Yes.

Carrie (really hoping here): Is it Monday?

Paul: Yes.

Carrie: Crap.

I managed to leave for work on time this morning and I even managed to wash my hair. Of course, it was only 3/4 dry as I was running out the door and at school, one of my coworkers commented that it didn't look quite right (this is my best coworker friend so she's allowed to say such things). But apparently, there is no need to get up at 6:15 each morning because this morning proved that I can get read with only 30 minutes to spare if there are no catastrophes, I don't make lunch, and Paul feeds the cat.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Did you feel behind all day? I always do when I have to start a morning like that ---