Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mostly just pictures of Jubjub

Paul took pictures of my friend Devlyn and me working on name tags for Junior League on Saturday. This shouldn't have taken nearly as long as it took me to do but I'm obsessive and more than a little anal retentive about making things look "nice." Notice my OCD-tendencies and the straight lanyards on all the name tags? Compare with Devlyn's half which is probably how a more sane person would do it. (In true OCD fashion, I straightened hers up when I'd finished mine.) But the compliments I received at tonight's meeting were worth it. I might have just solved the "how do we organize these blasted things?" dilemma that every other N&P chair has faced. I shall leave a legacy behind at the end of this year via the name tag organization system.

When Dev and I finished this, I had a few errands to run during the afternoon. While I was waiting for my oil to be changed, Paul called to let me know that the fraud dept. of our credit card had called to alert us to some questionable activity on our card. Since we use the card for pretty much everything we buy and Paul uses it frequently for work buying odd and assorted things, it was hard to imagine anything would alert them to fraud. But a charge for $1.36 to a company in Australia did just that. Since neither of us had made such a purchase, our number was cancelled and new cards were issued. Bummer since we both had that credit card number memorized. I guess I'll just have to practice a little online retail therapy to learn the new number.

And now, a bunch of pictures of the cat because we haven't had enough of these lately. These are the typical ways we find the cat. He obviously leads a very tough life. Here he is stretching. Love those toesies.
I'm way behind on filing our bills so I started to do that project on Saturday. I got sidetracked, probably by something shiny, and I didn't get to it right away. Jub decided it made for a good pillow.
I got a package yesterday and apparently, the box makes for good napping. The cat has only left the box for eating, pooping, and the occasional lap around the house to make certain we aren't touching any of his stuff which is pretty much everything in the house. Obviously, we're ready for a toddler since we deal with the same behavior in the four-legged "child" variety.
And a video of the cat on Sunday. The cat had laid like this for a while before Paul started the video and he stayed in this position for a while longer. Goofy beast.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Yeah, he's stressed... You need to do something to help that cat relax a bit.

Carrie said...

Don't let the pictures fool you--it's tough being Jubjub what with all the shedding and hairballs that are required.

Patsy said...

I like how you organized those name tags. But more than that I love the fact that Paul took pictures of you OCD. :)