Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday

cat
more animals

I've spoken with my mom and while they got the western edge of Ike, it didn't do any damage. I heard from my friend that her parents in Clear Lake lost a tree and a fence but are fine. I haven't heard from my friend in Spring but they had bad weather until a few hours ago according to the Weather Channel and I'm sure she's without power. I'm sticking with the idea that they are fine and I'll hopefully hear from her in the next few days.

That's pretty much it around here. Today is just a day for doing human stuff--laundry, cleaning the house a bit, going to the grocery store for a few things, watching college football, harrassing the cat who is sleeping in his box. Nothing exciting to do, nothing pressing to get done. It's just a lovely Saturday spent enjoying the little things in life and each other.

1 comment:

judi said...

I heard from a friend out here that a couple of her friends (in Katy and I believe Spring) had power at some point yesterday, but then lost it. That's probably the case with your friends.

Glad to hear the 'rents are just fine.