Nothing to report again today. It's like the horror stories you hear about contractors just taking off and never hearing from them again. Except I've heard from Alan both days I haven't seen him. So maybe it's nothing like that aside from the kitchen and dining room being a disheveled mess. Alan called this afternoon to let me know that the tile didn't come in today but hopefully it would be in tomorrow. The plan is to finish things up Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I've got to give him a call tomorrow to let him know that the road in front of our house is being resurfaced on Wednesday. Of course. Hopefully he'll be able to either bring the tile saw by tomorrow afternoon or park at the corner on Wednesday morning to make it a bit easier.
My new bookcase was delivered this afternoon. It is currently in it's packing crate in the garage as I needed to repaint the dining room wall to touch up some spots left when I took down the shelves. I'd planned to get that done this weekend but I ended up making a quick trip to Amarillo to see my step-grandmother. I'm not as close to my step-grandparents as I'd like or as most expect after 30 years for a variety of reasons. Family dynamics are a funny thing, especially when it comes to blended families. But she is still my Granny and I really felt I needed to go after talking to my sister Amy on Friday evening. Granny has had COPD for the better part of a decade and was diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm on her esophagus last week. The family was all in this weekend to see her. For her peace, I do hope the end isn't too far away because it is heartbreaking to see her so frail. But on the other hand, it's hard to see the same sadness on my dad's face this weekend that Paul and I saw on his mom's face not too many months ago. I told Paul that this is what I was dreading--we lose one grandparent and then we start losing all of them. Thankfully, all the others seem to be doing OK given their ages and various ailments. I know that we are extremely fortunate to have any grandparents at our age and I'm selfish enough to want to keep them all around for a while longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good thoughts for your Granny...
Family dynamics certainly are strange... I agree. Sorry I missed you this weekend.
On a lighter note, I can't wait to see pictures of the book case I "forced" you to buy! :)
My prayers go out to you, your remodel, and your Granny.
Post a Comment