Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good times indeed

Paul and I had a pleasant Friday evening last night, breaking out of normal hermit routine to spend time with friends. We'd run into our neighbor last week when we were out on one of the trails near our house and invited "our new best friends" over for pizza and a game night (and we only refer to them that way jokingly in private because we're not that psychotic and we do enjoy their company; we'd like to not scare them off completely by actually using that nickname around them). Jeff was very excited about the prospect of trying out the Wii. He's been hounding Alison to get one but she wouldn't acquiese. He thought this would be a perfect opportunity to wear her down if he could get her to play it.

I think she's now a convert although it might cost Jeff new kitchen countertops after she saw mine. Between Guitar Hero and Wii sports, we all had a fantastic evening playing games. Paul and I both noted that Guitar Hero isn't as easy after a couple of drinks although we still impressed out guests by playing some of the harder songs on the beginner level. Just way until we can add the blue key in--then they'll be totally awed. We're not that good on the guitar to begin with and after three (or more) drinks, we all decided bowling was the way to go. I would like to note that I bowled a new high record of 176. It's just like real life bowling--I'm better after a few drinks.

We were also very impressed that Jub decided he almost likes our neighbors. He came downstairs and hung out with us, just out of reach of any of us of course. He didn't even yowl at the company about being in his territory. He never does that--I have friends who have been to the house a half-dozen times who have never seen the cat. I get the feeling they wonder if I just set out food and water for the cat I'd like to have. Perhaps we've turned a corner with Jub and he's going to be more social and less crabby. Like Paul and I are trying to do as well.

On a recent Sunday:

Jub is nothing if not helpful.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Did you lay the paper out for Jub, or did he just decide to take it over? Sounds like you had a great evening. Robert and I keep talking about about having friends over, but then decide we don't won't to intrude on their evening. Could be that we are just to lazy to pick up a phone and call someone????? AHHHH the mysteries of life yet again explored. :)