Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why, yes, we do realize we're dorks

Donna sent me this lolcat:

humorous pictures
see more crazy cat pics

When Paul and I got to the back of the church as a newly-minted married couple, we did our own Wonder Twins routine, touching wedding rings and exclaiming, "Wonder Twin powers, activate! Form of a married couple! Form of Paul & Carrie!" because we're nerdy like that. Hey, if Grape Ape or Hong Kong Phooey or Captain Caveman had had some cool slogan involving rings, we would have been doing that back there. There have been many many times in the past 8 1/2 years that I've been thankful we don't have the Wonder Twin telepathic powers--it's just better that Paul wasn't reading my mind although I'm fairly certain he knew *exactly* what I was thinking.

And I'll take Jub over Gleek any day. He's enough comic relief and not nearly as troublesome as a blue space monkey might be.

2 comments:

Donna said...

And that is why I sent you the LOLcat... and I don't think you're dorks, just people who grew up in the 80s watching cheesy cartoons!

HeyItsBeej said...

That picture is ten kinds of awesome, and the fact that you did Wonder Twin Powers after your wedding is a thousand times awesomer!