(Bad picture because it was easier to take it with my cell phone than do the whole camera rigmarole). Shouldn't the embossed rosettes be centered on the tiles? That's what I'm thinking. I'm not sure who is going to have to pay for this mistake because I don't know whose mistake it is. I don't know if I didn't understand our remodel consultant and what he was explaining about the tile cuts when I agreed to it, if our lovely contractor Alan didn't understand the tile cuts when he was doing them, or if the RC was just insane when he laid this out but it doesn't look right in my opinion.
A big fat sigh. . .
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Remodel Day 7: :(
The tile work was started today. I was very excited to see it when I got home. Until I saw it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally agree that it looks *wrong* somehow. Personally, I think it needs to be centered by cutting equal amounts on the top and bottom to look right.
I agree --- something is amiss. But I like the colors. That looks very cool.
The tiles and the layout look fantastic--it's just that they aren't cut correctly.
Paul and I have talked it over and I'm going to talk to the contractor in the morning about how to remedy this. I think I misunderstood what the RC was saying although looking at the example tile, the contractor did it correctly. We're hoping it's fairly easily (and inexpensively) salvaged. One big problem we might have is that these tiles have been discontinued.
I actually think it looks fine, but I totally understand how if something like that isn't done the way you want it, your eye will be drawn to it every time you're in the room, and it will make you crazy.
Good luck, hope it can be fixed quickly & easily and with no drama!
Post a Comment