But now it's just because he's being 16.
I spoke with my mom earlier and had a voicemail from my dad this evening (I was at the school not winning Educator of the Year). Apparently, Preston is fine. At least in Preston-world. He was taken completely off the ventilator yesterday evening. He decided earlier that he needed to get up because he got it in his (just recently scrambled) mind that he should take a shower. He's not being really good about the whole just taking it easy thing. Dad said Preston was able to walk for a bit with a walker and they had him sitting up for about 10 minutes. Never thought those would sound like great things but it's pretty amazing stuff for a boy about whom on Saturday we were thinking the absolute worst. He will probably be moved out of the ICU tomorrow.
(And now that I can joke a bit about the situation, I hope the wreck knocked some sense into the boy about his choice of colleges.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so glad to hear that things are getting better. Hopefully he will get some sense and take it easy!
I'm glad to hear good news! :-)
Where did he want to go to college?
He's a sophomore in h.s. right now and he thinks he wants to go to the University of Texas. My sister, BIL, husband and I all went to Texas Tech University--a rival Big 12 school. We really wouldn't care if goes to UT--however, if he goes to Texas A&M, we will never speak to him again. ;)
I'm so happy to know he is doing better, and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. (And I totally agree with you about A&M!)
Post a Comment