Monday, May 5, 2008

Answered Prayers

I've always thought/been taught that God answers prayers in three ways:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Wait

Thankfully, God said YES! to all the prayers that went up for Preston over the past week.

The neurologist put Preston's recovery in the top 5% he's treated. He'd originally told the family that it could be up to a month in the ICU alone. Preston was able to go home from the hospital yesterday. What a roller coaster week--one Saturday, not knowing if he'd even survive to the next Saturday, learning he was going to be dismissed even earlier than expected (we'd been told possibly Monday). Gene said Preston would be home from school for another week or so and then go back for a couple of classes the last few weeks of school, as much for the socialization as anything.

One of the chaplains told Preston something that I later heard from my mom. The chaplain told Preston that God would want him to do the things he enjoys and have a good time. But be ready to listen when God talks because there's a reason for all of this. I hope Preston will remember these words because I do think there was some big reason he has done so well.

No comments: