
School was out on Thursday at noon and I'd intended to go to work on Friday to finish up a few things. Good intentions that I didn't quite follow through on. It was cold and I was happier on the couch with the warm kitty. I did make it to the retirement dinner party for a coworker that evening When I got home, Paul was making dinner, with a little help from the cat:
Saturday was spent cleaning and running a variety of errands. One of Paul's friends from his old job recently purchased a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant so we went there for lunch. It was good but that it such a tough business. We hope they do OK--I know we'd frequent it more often if it wasn't in Downtown. I suggested to Paul that he should help Eric with some of the painting and other stuff Eric was saying he needed to get done. Paul suggested he would be better off helping Eric by eating there--true enough. Paul isn't one to do much manual labor and as he said, he hates to paint.
Sunday evening, we had dinner at our our friends' house down the street. We were talking about the joys of swamp coolers--they're both from the Midwest and had no idea about evaporative coolers until they moved here and didn't realize they had to unhook it in November. They hadn't hooked up their cooler yet and didn't know how to do it so I volunteered Paul to go down on Monday morning and help Jeff do it. To be fair, I did go with him and ended up doing what was always my job (changing the pads) until last year's glorious change to refrigerated air. The rest of the day I spent with my friend Devlyn since it was her birthday yesterday. We had lunch and did a little window shopping.
Today, I finally made it up to school and the gym and have since managed to spend the rest of the day irritating the cat by my mere presence. The cat wasn't on this chair when I put my book down but he still manages to be annoyd with it.

My mom gets in this evening and she will be spending the rest of the week here. Not sure what we're doing but I'm sure we'll have a good time.
2 comments:
Have a good week with Moma!
Sounds like a great weekend! Um, as a Midwesterner myself, I also have to say -- what the heck is a swamp cooler?
Post a Comment