My maternal grandfather tore something coughing before Christmas (I'm not sure I ever actually heard or understood what he exactly it was he'd injured). He has emphysema so coughs and colds really get him and it was one of these coughing spells that did the damage. He underwent laproscopic surgery on Wednesday to correct the problems. He had a bit of related problems but was doing better when I saw him on Friday. I got to "Granddad-sit" for a while so my gran could run some errands. Paul and I visited them again on Saturday and this morning before we left. I think he'll be good as new before long.
And of course, we saw my sister, brother-in-law, and the babies. Amy and I spent Friday night at a scrapbooking crop, where I spent about 4 hours sorting through and organzing six years of photographs (mostly accomplishing Goal #12 for the year). And this adventure only proved that we take way too many pictures of the cat. Second runner-up would be the Balloon Fiesta. Of course this weekend, we had to snap a few pictures of the wee ones as well.
This is Benjamin in the Bumpo. I could not stop laughing about the Bumpo. Even when I see it in a catalog, I have to laugh. Benjamin loves it (although he'd stop smiling as soon as I'd take a picture).
Abigail playing with her Uncle Paul, aka the Human Jungle Gym. Notice we have a lot of these pictures as well? It's a shame they don't like each other more. :)
1 comment:
(((hugs))) and prayers and thoughts to respective grandparents.
I think someone could've come up with a better word than "bumpo" for that thing. Like "baby prison" or "trapper keeper" although I think the latter is taken. Benji makes it look as though he couldn't care less where he is; hand him a cool drink and it's good times.
Paul, of course, is Abby's personal jungle gym. What else is there to do with a relative that tall and goofy?
Post a Comment