It's officially the Christmas season in my world--I heard two of my favorite Christmas songs today. Now, I'm really in the mood for some chestnut roasting and conspiring by the fire.
The songs, you ask?
Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano and Last Christmas by Wham!
I didn't say they were good--just that they were among my favorites.
I'm hoping to get the Christmas tree at least set up tonight--maybe decorated if I'm really energetic. I wish Paul enjoyed helping decorate the tree because it would be more fun to do it with someone. I can't remember my dad ever helping decorate the tree though--it was always Mom and us girls. Maybe men are genetically wired to not enjoy decorating the tree. I'll have to ask around--see what my friends say their husbands do. And I do have to sayt htat it's not that Paul doesn't help at all--when he sees me scaling some ladder or perched precariously on a chair, he's right there no matter what the chore is. I guess he figures it's easier to hang some lights than take me to the emergency room for a gaping head wound because I'm clumsy.
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very funny -- my friend & I were just talking that in regard to tree-decorating, our respective hubbies only seem to enjoy overseeing the lights. Oh well...
One of the happiest days for Paul was when I brought home the pre-lit Christmas tree. He didn't care what it cost because it got him out of the lights. My dad did the lights but I think it was more because all the women in the family are munchkins not because he enjoyed it.
Post a Comment