Since my own mother doesn't always remember the actual day I was born, I celebrate many. She's mentioned the 12th as a possible birthday but most frequently, she thinks my birthday is Nov. 9. Shortly after Paul and I started dating, I had him ask her what day my birthday is--she matter-of-factly told him it was November 9. It only took her a second to realize her mistake but it continues to happen. I loved my phone message from her this morning: "Happy belated birthday. I know I'm a day late. I knew it was your birthday yesterday." Very cute.
So today, Paul and I celebrated my "real" birthday. By buying him an iPod Video. Me? I got the sales receipt. I'm sure that's a fair trade in some strange way.
I have a school holiday on Friday for Veteran's Day. I'm not sure why/when it was decided that we get that day off but hey, I'm not one to argue with a day off from work. I'm going shopping with my mother-in-law to celebrate my birthday. It's becoming a nice little tradition of ours that I enjoy. I'm lucky to have inlaws I like much less with whom I enjoy a shopping trip or two. I'm also hoping to be a complete vegetable this weekend to get a jump on some reading. I'm currently reading Margaret Atwood's The Robber Bride and really enjoying it but it's a slooooow read. There is also a stack of about 8 books from my library that I'd like to read. That's a benefit to being the librarian--I get first dibs on new books in the library. Yippee!
recent pins – my overambitious craft life
3 days ago
1 comment:
Well, it's cool to have SEVERAL birthdays instead of just one! I really liked "The Robber Bride"...I think it was my favorite Margaret Atwood books. Zenia was a character I loved to hate! I tried to read it slow to make it last, but it didn't work. C'est la vie...
Post a Comment