I can see my attempts to be better about journaling through this blog are going about as well as anytime I think I'll journal with a pen and paper. I have so many beautiful blank books that are just that--blank. Eventually I'll figure out what to do with them. I should finally work on getting our wedding journal/scrapbook completed. But what's the hurry--it's only been 6 years. I've hopefully got another 60 with this guy.
Tomorrow morning, as with just about every holiday in the past, we'll be heading back to Texas. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone but holy cow, that drive gets old quickly. And then there is the constant back-and-forth between the various grandparents' houses. I feel bad whining about it, even--I'm amazingly blessed to have three sets of grandparents still alive and healthy. But no matter what we do, it always seems that we're letting someone down because we don't stay at their house long enough or we're at someone else's house longer. :::sigh::: Hopefully it will be better this year. That's my positive thinking for the weekend. I'm just going to be thankful for all the people and all the places we have to drag around to any time we go home. And I'm going to be thankful for the drive time because I'll hopefully be able to make a dent in my reading. (Currently reading Rebecca for my school book club--I love the way old literature is written. It's so flowery and flowy. But wordy!)
I'm positively thrilled that we're staying home for Christmas--the longest drive will be to the airport to pick up Donna. Woohoo! It's going to be so exciting to have my family here. I'll probably go a *little* overboard with the decorations and food but that's what makes the holidays fun. And I really think we'll have a holiday party/open house/get together of some sort. At least have some of my friends over for lunch, if nothing else. I'll be sure to send an invitation to my super-busy husband--it might be the only way he's able to schedule me in. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving! Hope the drive isn't too bad this year.
Post a Comment