So of course we were enjoying listening to the accents of the "foreigners" in the UK and Ireland. More than once we would overheard people in our group repeating something said by Danny or Linda or the guides we had in Dublin and Edinburgh. I know I did it. What was funny was to hear them giggle about what we said. When we were on the Forth Bridge, Mom said something and used the word "appreciate" which is pronounced "uh-pree-she-ate" in our world. I'm not sure how it's said in England but it tickled Ann when she heard it and she repeated it several times. Maybe it was just the Texas twang that did the trick.
And boobie magazines are available for sale with all the other magazines and aren't hidden in plastic bags or behind the counter. Paul took a picture of one of the teenage boys in our group (who was such a good sport anyway) holding one of the magazines (we posed the picture). Later, Anthony found us to let us know that he'd seen someone getting on the ferry just buying the magazine like it was nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment