Sunday, Paul had to go to Tucson (OK, not horrible but he really didn't want to go).
Tuesday, we found out our friends are moving.
Wednesday, I learned that my step-grandmother died. While it wasn't unexpected, it is still sad. Family dynamics being what they are, I wasn't particularly close to her but she was always nice to me and I liked her. The funeral is going to be tomorrow in Sunray. I'm going to fly to Amarillo this evening. It does seem like a waste of a free flight but it is just so much easier than driving solo. Paul got home last night and leaves again next week for another trip, similar to what happened in January with his grandmother's funeral. We discussed him going but agreed that it would be much easier if he just stayed home. His wife's step-grandmother's funeral doesn't hold quite the sway that his grandmother's funeral does.
Thursday, I heard from one of my high school friends that another former classmate was diagnosed with lupus. I don't know much about that disease but I know enough to know that it's bad and definitely not something you'd wish on your worst enemy (or even a former boyfriend as in this case). He is just a few days younger than me and has two little ones (the oldest is five or so).
Today, I figured out that I made a dumb mistake and burned the motor out in the retractable screen in the library. Hopefully a fixable mistake but something that easily could have been avoided if I'd taken two more seconds when I put it up yesterday. And I know my flight is already at least 15 minutes delayed. I'm trying to put a positive spin on that and concentrate on getting to spend a little longer with Paul (especially since his own flight was delayed about an hour last night which was an hour less that I got to see him).
Tomorrow is the funeral so that day is already shaping up to be crummy just because of what we have to do.
In the meantime, I've got some seriously high hopes for Sunday.
I thought this picture was both fitting of how this week has been and it makes me laugh.
It's one of the handicap toilets we saw in the UK. I couldn't get a picture of the entire room but it had handles, rails, and bars of all kinds and that string is in case you've fallen and can't get up. This was much more impressive (and warranting of a photo) than the two little bars people get in the U.S.
No comments:
Post a Comment