Thursday, March 20, 2008

Finally getting around to that resolution from 2006

We had another round of Secret Pals at school that ended with the big breakfast and final gift-giving this morning. Even though I'm in charge of organizing this, I honestly had no idea who had my name. I have another person helping me who assigns my name and even though we keep a master list, I put it away and don't look at it so I can't see who's name is blank. And thankfully, I have the attention span of a gnat so I usually forget who is even participating.

The info sheet contains all the usual questions--favorite color, music, general interests. I received all kinds of neat things from my secret pal during the past month--a Starbucks Chai Latte one afternoon, peanut M&M's and a People magazine during testing, a small bouquet of gerbera daisies, more chocolate. On the bottom is the question "Anything else?" I'd written that I keep thinking I should learn to knit. As soon as I saw my final gift I knew exactly who had been my secret pal. My final gift was nice knitting needles, a skein of yarn, and a note that if I wasn't joking, she'll teach me how to knit and already knows what she's going to assign as my first project. There wasn't time to start today but when we get back to school after Spring Break, I'm going to have my knitting lessons.

I can hardly wait.

And speaking of work, here is a little glimpse into my office. Here are the pictures I have on my desk: This picture of Paul was taken when we were on a cruise in 2004. This was his best attempt to look like a goofy tourist. I think he succeeded.
This picture of a teeny Jub was taken shortly after I got him. He still has blue eyes here--according to the vet, Jub was probably only a month old when I got him. I'm not sure what the thing directly behind him was but for comparison, the pillow is 12" square.
This is a picture from the ones we had taken last October. We gave this print to our siblings and as wallets. I normally dislike profile pictures of me but I liked that Paul's laughing and I like our hands so those trumped my self-consciousness about my nose. and this one made the cut.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Great photo of you and Paul. Lovely.

And lil' jubbers... he's adorable! Just a wee one in that photo. Cute. Cute. Cute-Cute.

Um, yeah; he has succeeded. lol!

Enjoy your spring break. I'm going to take a week of vacation next month while the boys are still in school. This way I can have some "alone" time and don't necessarily have to share this time with anyone.

Yeah; I'm smart like that...lol!

Loni said...

Baby Jub! So darn cute!

Those pictures y'all had taken are just amazing.

telfair said...

I'm glad it made the cut, because it's a really beautiful picture of both of you. I love your hair style.

Good luck with the knitting! It's brought me hours of enjoyment, can't wait to see your first projects. My cube mate at work is struggling to learn right now and every day during lunch she comes over to me trailing her skein of Red Heart and asks me questions. Unfortunately, I think I just confuse her more...I'm not a very good teacher!

Lunasea said...

Awwww. Sweet pics.

Good luck on the knitting! People get really crazy about it, but if you can do it you can make some really cute stuff. I knit a 6x6 quadrangle once.

Patsy said...

Knitting --- I can do it, but I don't do it correctly. Seems I twist the yarn backwards or something. It took Gran a long time to figure out what I was doing wrong, but try as I may I can't ever remember how it is supposed to go and I would end up doing both -- needless to say I gave up knitting. I love you husband. I think I'll enjoy him this summer on our trip. :)