Sunday, March 30, 2008

Remodel: Weekend Edition

Aside from the fact that the furniture is still dishelved and there are no pretties in the living room (and I really, really need to dust), the living room is complete. And if I weren't feeling incredibly lazy this Sunday afternoon, I would trek upstairs to find the camera to prove this fact. I do love the non-windows and really wish we'd done this when we built the abode.

And I'm blaming my mom for this next part because she was the one who questioned the counters being installed on Friday. I blindly believed we would. But, alas, we still don't have countertips in the kitchen. As a result, we have no sink or dishwasher although Paul was trying to figure out how to run the dishwasher yesterday despite it not being hooked up to any water. He called me at Donna's to find out what was going on. Good times. I did speak with the contractor briefly on Friday--Paul insisted I call to let the contractor know that we wouldn't need him to change the battery in the smoke detector that is on our living room ceiling some 22 feet up even though Paul was in ABQ and I was in Grapevine at the time and Paul was the one who even brought it up to the contractor. It just made more sense. Or something. So here's hoping for Monday so the tile can be installed on Tuesday and Wednesday and we can reclaim our house by next Thursday. But I'd even give him until Friday. I'm not terribly picky. I just want my little routine back. That would be very nice indeed.

I had a lovely visit with Donna this weekend and it's always so nice to see all my friends in the D/FW area. I'm truly fortunate and blessed to have all these wonderful people in my life. I just wish we were a little closer to each other so they could be in my life a bit more.

It's back to work tomorrow after a much-needed Spring Break. We have seven or eight weeks left when we return--I know we are out before Memorial Day. I think the last day of school is May 22. I'm sure I'll soon have the date seared in my memory. But as it stands, I'm attending the the NMLA conference in Las Cruces April 9-11, have a professional development day on April 15, a training on YA literature on April 23, and am taking a personal day on May 6 . I might have to find something to do the last week of April. I think I feel a cold coming on. . .

2 comments:

Loni said...

I am hoping that the remodel will be finished by Friday, too.

I didn't get to see you enough and my hubby did all the talking. Next time? I'm in for eating and a baseball game!

Patsy said...

I didn't mean to jinx you, but I've lived long enough to know how contractors are and companies that promise things and then never deliver. Alas I still don't have that piece of trim on the fireplace mantle. :(
My last day I May 2. I'm thinking of coming to see you and your remodel. When would be a good time??