Thursday, March 27, 2008

Remodel Day 4: Drywall

A little bit of progress to report on today. Yesterday around noon, a man with the stucco company showed up to get that process started. He put up the tar paper and the wire--lots of banging involved there. I thought he would get the primer coat of stucco on but no such luck. Eh, well. At least this is outside and not terribly disruptive to my life. It could stay like this for months and it wouldn't bother me. The HOA, on the other hand. . .


This morning, a man came to do the finish work on the inside where the windows previously resided. That took most of the moring to complete. I'm so happy with the way the wall now looks. Tomorrow, the contractor will be back to prime and paint the wall so at least this portion will be finished.

As for the countertops, I have a good feeling that the countertop company better get on the ball and get them in or they might lose some future work with the remodeling company. According to our contractor, the company rep is pretty hot over the fact that we've had to wait at all for the countertops since they came out for a measurement over two weeks ago. I'm trying to take it all in stride--although it would be nice to be able to use the dishwasher again. We've run out of spoons and have moved on to paper plates. I think I might break down and do some dishes in the bathroom sink.

I won't see our contractor again until Tuesday morning because I'm leaving town this evening to visit Donna over the weekend and they have Monday morning meetings and don't arrive at the jobsite until around 8:30. As much as I would love to prolong my Spring Break by that hour, I don't think I can get away with it. The contractor and I went over the plan for the tile, working out some of the finish details of the tile and where to put the sink faucet. Paul could answer these questions but doesn't want to be responsible. He already told the contractor that I was the first person to call tomorrow even though I'll be in Ft. Worth.

And a few more pictures of my poor mistreated cat. This chair in our bedroom has been claimed by Jubjub as his usual napping spot during the day. However, because I've been hanging out in the bedroom this week, I've reclaimed the chair for my own use. Apparently, that does not deter my cat from at least trying to use it for his own purposes:


2 comments:

Patsy said...

Hummm with the windows gone, the framed art almost looks too small. I know that when you stuff back on the mantle it won't but ---an observation that probably would have been better kept to myself. I think I like it better without the windows too. Good job.

Carrie said...

It does look small which is crazy since the frame is 4' x 4'. That wall is just humongous.

And thank you for confirming what I've thought for the past 8 years.