At the stop on the way to Ocho Rios. Gotta love the wind at the beach--I have similar hairdos in pictures from Hawaii.
My mom and me (just a slight resemblance there--and I'm mid-blink not mid-drunk). Note my husband the ham in the back.
I really like this picture of my mom and dad.
Further hamming by Paul. We didn't intend to match--he got dressed in the bedroom at the same time I was dressing in the bathroom. When we walked out of the room on the way to breakfast, we noticed how "cute" we were. So he had to put on that face when Mom took our picture.
Yep--more hamming. I don't know why he felt the need to wrap up in a towel when I started to take his picture.
An "arty" picture by Paul. He also took quite a few pictures of trees during his arty phase.
The gazebo where the wedding was held. I'm not sure anyone actually sat down--personally, I was standing to the left in the shade. The small table to the left of the picture is where Matt and Myrna had to sign the wedding license immediately after the ceremony.
The main event of the weekend.
The happy couple.
With our parents. I never noticed how much Matt looks like his dad. Maybe it's just the squinting into the sun.
From the reception site looking back at the Manor House (main part of the resort). Our room was the second from the right in the middle.
The swimming pool view from our room. The reception was held in the gazebo over the swim-up bar (area with the white railing around it)
We actually have quite a few pictures throughout the years where I'm making this face. It's my "stop taking pictures of me, Paul" pose. It doesn't deter him yet I keep trying.
Have I mentioned that he's a ham? I asked for a bandaid as my shoe was rubbing my heel (why I'm barefoot in the above picture). This is the face I get when he produced the requested item.
After the reception. Please note my dad's attire. Apparently, he was overheating and felt the need to pull his pants up to his knees and take off his shoes. I guess we should be thankful he left his shirt on and buttoned.
My two main drinks of choice--Coca-Cola Light (which really didn't taste like Diet Coke) and Wata.
The next few photos were taken on the shuttle bus back to the airport. The first is the Jamaican DMV.
A shopping area including the supermarket.
Jamaican building project. We saw quite a few houses in this state of construction. As it was explained to us, they build as they get money for rooms.
The roads were *really* narrow. We were on a 3-lane section of road, passing a slow-moving truck on the right and meeting this other shuttle bus. The driver laughed because pretty much everyone on our shuttle bus gasped at this point.
There don't seem to be many rules to driving in Jamaica. Just honk and do whatever.
Not sure how much money that translates into in U.S. dollars/gallon.
Back at the airport for our flight back home. We found it mildly amusing that the airport was missing quite a few letters in it's sign. Not sure which hurricane blew them off.
So, that is a wee glimpse into our trip to Jamaica. Really--that's only about 10% of the photos that were taken. I know part of his reasoning for so many pictures was to have lots for Matt and Myrna to have as well as Mike and Michelle (Myrna's brother and SIL who were the attendants).
2 comments:
I said the same thing about Daddy and Matt... Mom said she didn't see it.
That looks like so much fun!
A. does the same thing as Paul - I've got a bunch of pictures of his toes.
Post a Comment