
(Please ignore that I'm looking like death warmed over in the picture--a little lip gloss and a hairbrush from time to time would do me a world of good). Just look at the Jubinator. Look at how cute he is. With the tongue even (though I think he's sticking it out at me). I found the elephant hat at Target--it was a toss up between it or a little kitty tie. I knew the cat would hate either one so I decided to go with the bigger of the two evils. Jub's not biting me so I'll pretend that he actually likes it. Ha!
Tonight is the 8th grade dance at school. I've agreed to be a chaperone as I've done most every year in the past. It really is fun to see the students all fancied up for the one "dressy" dance of middle school. At least the girls are dolled up and prim and proper. The boys still manage to end up rumpled and attempting the Worm in their dress clothes. It reminds me why I enjoy being a teacher. One of my student aides asked me if I had a dress I was going to wear tonight--like, had I bought something special for the dance, too? I didn't but now I'm totally wishing I had (not that I don't have about 15 completely suitable-for-the-occasion outfits I can choose from).
All the APS graduations were held this week. Yesterday, I saw the list of valedictorians and salutatorians for the various high schools. I'm proud to say I taught one of the valedictorians in 7th grade. I'm totally sure that's why she was at the top of her graduating class. That, or the fact that even when she was a 13-year-old, she was an awesome student and an amazing kid--one of those you know is going to do great things with her life. But I still have a little bitty bit of smugness that I had anything to do with her success.
3 comments:
Every step of the way, people pushed, prodded, and gently nudged that wonderful young lady. You, my dear, are one of those lil' helpers.
I can bet she'd recognize you, too.
And, that cat doesn't dislike you... he's a cat! Cats do that! They snub the one who feeds them and sit in the lap of the ones who are allergic.
They have a totally perverse sense of humor.
lol
Your heart should swell with pride. You are a certainly a contributor to her success!
I hope you took a few pictures from the dance. Is Paul escorting you?
And, I completely agree with Natalie about cats. I bet when you leave he mopes around cause his best friend is gone and then flips his tail at you when you return. Cats are just funny that way. That's why we love them.
As I was getting ready to leave, Paul was jokingly moping around, saying he'd just eat some cookie dough and watch a sappy movie since he didn't get asked to the dance. When I suggested he come with me, he was very quick with his "Oh heck no!"
Post a Comment