Friday, October 2, 2009

October 2, 1999

It's crazy to think it was 10 years ago that we got married. One bit of advice I got before the wedding was to really take it in as I made the walk down the aisle because that was truly a special moment. I don't remember who told me that but I think they were absolutely right and it's the bit of advice I pass along to brides-to-be. I remember walking up the aisle with my parents and looking at all our friends and family who had made the trip to Canadian and feeling incredibly loved at that moment. Knowing that at no other time would all these people be gathered in the same room together and realizing that Paul and I are truly blessed and lucky to have so many wonderful people in our lives who love and care about us.

We've got little plans to celebrate our 10th anniversary--we're going on the Rail Runner to Santa Fe to eat dinner on tonight and will be going to the Balloon Fiesta on Saturday with Paul's cousin and his wife and daughter. Next weekend, we're going back to Lubbock where all this fun started 14 years ago to take in the Homecoming game with Amy and her family and our friends Karen and Chris and their daughters. We talked about taking a trip, just the two of us since this will be the last one that it is just the two of us, but in some ways, being surrounded by our friends and family during this time of celebration seems more appropriate. We are still truly blessed and lucky.

So, here's to 10 years and to many more. I'm lucky to have had 3650 happiest days, give or take one or two.

3 comments:

The Steinman Squad said...

Congratulations!

Patsy said...

Happy Anniversary again. I like the thought expressed about spending time with family and friends on your anniversary because it was with family and friends that you started this journey together.

IdaR said...

It doesn't seem like it's been 10 years. Congratulations. May this be the first of many 10 years together.