Saturday, October 3, 2009

18 weeks

Yeah, my eyes are closed and it's not a great picture because I was goofing off with Paul and Michelle (Paul's cousin's wife) about this being Baby's first Balloon Fiesta. But that's 18 weeks and Baby is definitely making himself known. A coworker came into the library with her class this week (she'd been in last week as well) and told me, "I'm going to be really embarrassed if you're not but are you?" I said yes, yes I am weirdly fat. I'm also starting to feel Baby more although it's not very strong movements--just an odd sensation every so often. I saw the OB this week--it's probably the first time in my life I've ever been congratulated on gaining weight. I still feel really good--lots of energy, nothing too bad as far as food aversions or cravings. I still feel the need to take naps every afternoon but I felt that way even when I wasn't gestating.

I find myself thinking in terms of how old Baby will be when we do __fill in the blank__. It's crazy to imagine we'll have a 6-month-old in tow if we go to the Balloon Fiesta next year.

2 comments:

loni said...

So fun!

I love this picture, because the smile on your face says it all. :)

sara said...

I can't really remember the first time I felt Snoop move - it seemed to creep up on me gradually, from weird little flutters that I weren't sure were movements to full-blown backflips in there. It still amazes me that I had an almost 9-lb baby in that tum.

You look great!