Sunday, October 25, 2009

Week 21

This week has been pretty uneventful. Paul was out of town all week for work and a conference in Seattle. The cat and I held down the fort here, generally watching bad television and going to bed much too late every night. This weekend has been a good mix of work and play. I spent a good part of yesterday visiting the Homes of Enchantment and having lunch with my friend Devlyn while Paul stayed at the house and goofed off. We invited him to come with us. His refusal was swift and definite.

On the baby front, I definitely can't deny that I'm pregnant. I've discovered that if I wear maternity clothes, people will ask when I'm due. I'm slowly moving into maternity wear. I'm pretty much out of regular pants that I can wear unbuttoned with the Bella Band. I'm carrying pretty low--OK, very low since on the vaginal ultrasound at the peri's two weeks ago done to measure my cervix, you could see Baby's ear just a bit above the cervix. He won't have far to drop, that's for certain. Since the bump is pretty low, I've been able to get away with wearing some of my empire cut tops and longer cut shirts rather than the maternity tops I've bought.

I'm definitely feeling him move more. When I was watching a movie on Tuesday, I'm fairly certain I felt a little foot/head/arm on the outside of my stomach. I haven't felt it again but I do feel him moving. When I was in the shower this morning, apparently Baby felt the need to shift very suddenly and definitively to the left. Odd when one side of your stomach bulges out and is very hard and the other side is soft and mushy. I know I'm in for more of this--he's a very active little fellow. I keep telling him to move all he can now because his mama is short and he won't have much room in another month or two.

Week 21 pictures--gratuitous picture of Paul and the cat. Paul was very sweet and patient taking the belly picture that I suggested he take and then proceeded to criticize all the pictures he took and generally groused about having having my picture taken. Very understanding, this one:
We were arguing as to whether or not I needed to raise up my shirt. I don't think so but Paul said I did. So here are both of the pictures:


And I would just like to say that this kid is KILLING my complexion. I'm broken out more than a hormone-ridden 16 year old. I know it's because I'm a pregnancy-hormone ridden 34 year old but this is one part I could do without. I'll be lording this over the boy when he's older. Don't think I won't.

1 comment:

sara said...

I think you look gorgeous - your hair is so long! It looks great.

BTW - could you email me your address? I will try to get those clothes in the mail to you this weekend!