This morning, I awoke to a white view out my window and a two-hour delay for school. Not quite a day off but two extra hours of lazing about the house would suffice. Because I'd bathed last night, I'd already slept in an extra thirty minutes. I wandered downstairs around 7:00, happily still in pajamas and slippers to feed the "Paul's Big Boy," this morning's nickname for a cat who was whinging about needing food, and to fix myself a bowl of cereal.
Midway through my bowl of cereal, the announcement was made that school would be cancelled for the day. Huh. One would think I'd be happy about that cancellation but I'm actually not too thrilled with it.
Reasons I'm unhappy about today's snow day:
1) Our school calendar is now one day longer in May.
2) Paul will probably stay home since I'm staying home so I don't get a day to myself.
3) There's no reason for a snow day since it is supposed to be 40 degrees today.
4) Two-hour delays don't have to be made up. Snow days do.
5) I think I'm residually cranky from yesterday.
In the meantime, the cat and I are fighting for position in front of the fireplace and I'm debating if I actually should change from my pajamas today. Perhaps there is a small bonus to not having school today.
2 comments:
I vote for all day pajamas, a warm blanket on the sofa with a hot beverage (cocoa, tea, toddy) and the remote control. You could even let Paul join you!
Remember how much we loved snow days as kids, now as teachers we don't want to take them. I think that it just goes to show that we are never really happy.
Hope the day went well though.
Post a Comment