Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The tough questions

The things I'm wondering about as I sit at my desk right now:

Is this a cold?

Is it just allergies?

Can my head actually explode through my eyeballs? (Because it really feels like it could right now.)

Could this be a sinus infection?

What, exactly, does a sinus infection feel like?

Why do students listen so much better when teachers don't have a voice?

At what point should I just admit I'm probably sick and call for a doctor appointment?

How much is too much for Paul to let me redo the countertops and backsplash in the kitchen? (OK, this one is a bit disjointed from the rest but I'm getting pricing for solid surface countertops (probably quartz) and a tile backsplash on Friday much to Paul's amusement/dismay.)

Update @ 8:15--I think I have to admit it's more than just allergies. I just took my temperature and I do, indeed, have a low-grade (99) temperature. I'm going to try to stick it out at work tomorrow, at least for part of the day, because even with the temperature, I don't feel bad aside from a very sore throat. I'm more upset that Paul is in CA so I don't even have anyone to whine to about feeling bad.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

1. Yes and everyone is getting it. You have my permission to go home. (tee-hee!)
2. Yes, this is New Mexico. (Which, of course, compounds a cold.)
3. No, but don't blow too hard 'cause yer brains my come flyin' out!
4. Maybe.
5. Every time you bend over, your head throbs so bad that it rattles your teeth.
6. It's easier to get attention through a whisper than a yell.
7. See question #1. (tee-hee!)
8. Um... I almost always just go for it and then ask for forgiveness later. That is also the reason why we ate white rice for almost a month but, dang, it was worth it!

Feel better...
:)

Loni said...

natalie's answer to #5 is exactly how it feels! I get them fairly frequently in the fall/winter seasons. I stopped going to the Dr. for most of them since I don't want to take all those antibiotics for something that's going to go away on it's own anyway. Lots of showers and lots of sleep. I hope you feel better soon. If you decide to get a Neti Pot, let me know if it works as well as everyone says they do.

http://www.amazon.com/Himalayan-Institute-Press-Netipot-Ceramic/dp/B00027Z41G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8/002-1635245-4154440?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1192573714&sr=8-8

I'm not getting in between you and Paul about the countertops, just in case he reads your blog (which I imagine he does)!

Carrie said...

OK, so I'm guessing I don't have a sinus infection but there is some serious pressure going on in my head. I've been told by several people that it's probably a cold. I'm going to hang with the "it's just allergies" because I don't get sick, goshdarnit. I am terribly intrigued by the Neti pot, Loni. I've never seen one before but just the oddity of it is interesting.

Paul actually doesn't read the blog too much although I do tell him frequently what I've written about. He just wants to know if anyone still comments on the picture of his injured toe (I think it's in Jan. 06 if anyone would like to see). And I'll probably be getting some new countertops soon. :D

Donna said...

Sinus infections feel much like a cold or allergies to me but with the joy of added pressure in my head and behind my eyes... sorry, but I think you might have one. If it lasts for more than a few days, get thee to a doctor for antibiotics and then to the countertop store (website) for a bit of retial therapy!

(Feel better soon.)

telfair said...

Hm, I just tried to post a comment but now can't find it. Anyway, I had this a couple of weeks ago and the doctor told me it was just viral. She gave me a prescription for Allegra D which was great for my stuffy, swollen-feeling head. I can highly recommend it.