Friday, March 16, 2007

A little gun-shy

So in today's mail, there was an envelope from NM Taxation & Revenue Department.

All I could think when I saw the return address was "effing-a, how much do they want from us?"

And the answer would be $72 because it's time to register Paul's Camry for the next two years.

I have a feeling we'll be a little twitchy when going through the mail for a while.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow. It cost me twice that much to register for one year in Chicago. My plates (Illinois... shhh.. don't tell!) expire at the end of this month. Maybe I'll have a little money left over for ice cream. :)

"Twitchy" is kind of an understatement when you are talking about the IRS.

I suggest a nice, buttery Chardonay; slightly chilled... and a big glass.
;)

Carrie said...

Paul has a 10-year-old Camry--it's cheaper than my newer Subaru. But I was surprised at how relatively inexpensive it was to register a car in New Mexico when I moved from Texas. I was anticipating it costing about twice as much. Of course, having to sit through 4-hour course on the evils of drunk driving more than made up for the price. It was like all the bad driver's ed. movies compressed into one afternoon. I'm not sure the MVD makes people do that anymore though.

And I prefer a red--zinfandel or syrah--and a big glass. :)

Donna said...

Twitchy!? I think that this might acutally call for something a little stronger than the zin... tequila maybe?

Glad it was just the car registration!