Monday, March 26, 2007
Spring
I've spent the last hour or so watching a variety of sparrows and finches collecting bits of the decorative grass I cut back last weekend. The sprigs left behind are apparently perfect for nests.. The weather has been beautiful the past week--I even enjoyed the three rainy days last week. I need to get back out and do some more work in our yard--some of the plants didn't weather the winter too well. It can wait though. I hate to interrupt the necessity of nest-building.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been hesitating... I really want to start planting but I'm afraid we are going to get snow one more time.
So, is it safe yet?
I'm not 100% convinced that we're not going to get another freezing cold. I haven't planted anything in my various containers--just cleaned up the plants in the yard and raked the fake grass in the backyard (we've got RealTurf--love it).
My mom has that stuff. She uses a shop-vac to clean it. Works great!
I'm waiting 'cause I think we will see snow in the first or second week of April... then I'll plant.
I can wait but I'm really excited. This will be the first year in our house with our plants in our garden. When we moved in last June, there was already a garden planted so we lived with it. It was all wonky and the irrigation wasn't set-up right. (And these people were from Iowa and claimed to be from farmin' roots!)
So, yeah, exciting!
:)
Post a Comment